Model: LaserJet 5000 Series PCL6
Operating System: Windows NT 4.0 (Note: might work with other versions of this os.)
Version Release Date Comment
------- ------------ -------
126.96.36.199 07/21/2000 See Version 188.8.131.52 below
--- Version 184.108.40.206 ---
New functionality in 220.127.116.11:
* This version features a new user interface which provides the drivers with a common
look and feel. Future printer drivers will also incorporate this enhanced usability
design. This version includes numerous features that enable you to improve the quality,
appearance, and performance of print jobs. Features such as HP ZoomSmart, Quick Sets,
booklet printing, and watermarks are fully supported.
Improvements in 18.104.22.168:
* This version includes improved support for third party paper handling devices such
as Rutishauser TowerFeed and LaserTower paper trays.
Known Issues in 22.214.171.124:
* Cannot save a custom paper size as "Folio". The error "There are too many custom paper
sizes defined. Please delete some before adding new ones." is displayed.
* Characters in rotated text may be printed as overlapping each other on Japanese
systems when using N-up or Booklet settings.
* Automatic Configuration (Update Now) may not work properly in NT4.0 after upgrading
to this version of the driver. If printer settings are not detected when clicking on the
Update Now button please execute the 4k-5k-NT.reg file that came with this driver.
4k-5k-NT.reg can be executed by double clicking on the file in Windows Explorer or by
clicking on the file in Windows Explorer and pressing the Enter key.
* If you have a "LaserJet 5000 DN" printer you might be able to improve printing
performance by increasing the Driver Workspace Setting (DWS) on the More Configuration
Options dialog box. Get to the More Configuration Options dialog by clicking on the
More button on the Configure tab. The value to use for the DWS setting can be attained
by printing a Configuration Page at the printer and looking in the Memory section.
* The Windows Printer Test Page may not print completely during an Add Printer
install when installing a driver for a printer attached to a network printer
server. After installation the Windows Printer Test page can be printed by going
to Start->Settings->Printers, right-clicking on the printer icon, select Properties
and pressing Print Test Page. This is a Windows operating system defect.
* Changes to Printer Driver Properties may not stick after upgrading to this driver version
in NT4.0 from the New Driver button on the General Tab of the Printer Properties. If
this occurs, delete the driver from the Printers folder and reinstall using Add Printer.
* If you use the driver's NT Forms tab to link paper sizes and types with paper trays
you will be limited to selecting just the sizes and types that were linked from most
applications. If you cannot select a specific paper size or type from within your
applications printing settings you should remove all tray assignments from the NT Froms
tab by bringing up the NT Forms tab, clicking on the "Clear All" button, and pressing
the OK button.