Model: HP Color Inkjet cp1700 printer - Microsoft Windows 2000, Version 1.4
Operating System: Windows 2000 (Note: might work with other versions of this os.)
This driver supports the hp color inkjet printer cp1700 series on Windows 2000, & Windows XP It contains ONLY the driver and does NOT include installation instructions, the printer driver uninstaller or the printer toolbox.
1. Download the file onto your local hard drive.
2. Choose View then Options in your Windows Explorer. Check that the settings "Show all files" and "display the full path in title bar" are enabled.
3. Double click the .exe file.
4. This will extract all components necessary for the "add printer" installation, onto your hard drive. Make a note of the location of the extracted components.
5. Use the printer folder or the windows control panel to initiate the "add printer" option on your computer.
6. Follow the step-by-step instructions, which will appear, on your screen.
7. When appropriate, use the "Have Disk" option, and start the installation by browsing to the sub-directory which contains the extracted components.
8. Follow the remaining instructions, which will appear, on your screen.